Painting With Disco Dust

Decorating By princessofcake Updated 26 Dec 2013 , 7:20pm by -K8memphis

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 6:45pm
post #31 of 34

AIf i have a written agreement with the customer that the fondant must not be plated, then I have erred on the side of caution. If everyone used the level of caution you're suggesting, no one would be able to sell hair dryers because someone might get shocked. Or kitchen knives... Just asking for trouble. What if someone uses one as a fork?

What catastrophic consequences are you referring to? And what are the catastrophic consequences of one person ingesting a bit of non toxic sharpie ink? (which shouldn't happen anyway since none of it's going to be plated)?

And as for how it feels? What does that have to do with anything? But if any one cares, I fell pretty good when the $500-900 shows up in my account.

My duty is to the person who bought the cake from me. Not to a guest at the party who can't consume raspberry seeds because of Crohn's, sugar because of diabetes, or wheat because of allergies or celiac disease.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 7:09pm
post #32 of 34

And what I meant about my duty, is that I'm going to stand behind my customer. If my customer ordered sharpie painted cake, I'd not feel sheepish about explaining it to anyone who was not paying for the cake.

And I assume your statement about the safety of the cake means that you never sold cakes with any berry seeds in it in order to have safe cakes? I'd have a lot of disappointed customers if I started telling them someone at your party may have crohn's, so no raspberry filling for you.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 7:13pm
post #33 of 34

to clarify--that last cake had cream cheese filling that was carefully timed to stay within safety guidelines--i had also wanted to bake cheesecakes to alternate with red velvet layers for the other cake flavor but i went with white chocolate filling instead--so that's that particular cakes safety issue with the crohn's guy and provided for every guest--

i'm fine to heartily disagree with you--i'm firm in my belief as stated--

no hard feelings

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 7:17pm
post #34 of 34

i strain my berry fillings--i'm sure i've missed a few seeds--

i do not offer allergen free cakes--i run from potential clients with allergies--

i don't bake for diabetics nor for celiacs or crohn's peeps--he just happened to have that disease and i was glad i could put his concerns to rest and it felt good--

his concern about the cream cheese--plus he was getting married in a few months so he wanted to know in general--

i did not take their order  :-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%