How Do I Make A Butterfly Flap Like It Is Moving As A Cake Topper?

Decorating By palamino23 Updated 24 Dec 2013 , 3:18am by shanter

palamino23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
palamino23 Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make a layered cake, but I want to have butterflies flapping their wings as if they are just sitting there and ready to fly.  I want to make them out of poured sugar and put them together  so they are moveable.  Any Suggestions?  Any place I can look into to find the parts I'm looking for?  

Any help would be great help

Thank you

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 6

under the heading of 'any help'--i made flapping wings once by taking apart these kissy face angel bears my husband got me for a gift--valentine's or something--their wings flapped so i used that--not a lot of help--but check out the toy aisle is my suggestion--

or where ever they sell little motors and things like that--'the little motor store' :grin: 

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 6

I thought about some battery operated butterflies, you can just replace the plastic parts with gupaste?

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 6

AGo to cakeplay.com/information on the right side of the screen they have info for butterflies

Obviously, they won't really move but they sell a mold so you can make the wings separately from isomalt and put them together on the cake like a real butterfly

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Dec 2013 , 3:14am
post #5 of 6

Jennifer Dontz shows it on her web site also. It is beautiful. Sugardelites.com

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 24 Dec 2013 , 3:18am
post #6 of 6

Have you considered making them with gelatin or wafer paper?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%