Peanut Butter Filling/ Ganache

Baking By sweet thang Updated 16 Dec 2013 , 1:58pm by AnnieCahill

sweet thang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet thang Posted 14 Dec 2013 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake for my friends graduation. I want to do a three layer cake with chocolate being the top and bottom layer. her favorite candy is reeses so I want to do a peanut butter filling. i dont want it to be frosting or anything with a whip texture. I kind of want to try to keep it a thick and sturdy textur like a real reeses is. my idea was to do a ganache filling and let it set. reecess makes chips that taste just like the inside of a reeses candy so I was going to use them in place of chocolate chips and maybe even throw in some peanut butter for the heck of it. any other ideas out there? I would not whip it. i think make a border around the inside layer cake let it harden then fill it full of ganach put the top on and let it harden up in the fridge. i want it to be a thick layer just like the candy. also, what if i made that ganache and mixed it with the filling of a true (homemade) reeses filling? would that soften of mess with the ganache at all??? thanks!!

2 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 14 Dec 2013 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 3

For my Reese cup filling I use the Peanut Butter Dream recipe here on cake central....to it I add ground graham cracker crumbs to it.    It gives it that grity...firm, reese cup texture.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 16 Dec 2013 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 3

Peanut butter dream recipe=epic.  I use it to fill chocolate cakes and then fold chopped Reese's cups into the filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%