Chocolate For Ganache And Where To Buy?.

Decorating By Tamson Updated 1 Dec 2013 , 10:29pm by 810whitechoc

Tamson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamson Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 10

AHi. I was wondering what chocolate everyone uses to make their ganache and where to buy it. I am from Australia. Thanks in advance. Sharon

9 replies
Declansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Declansmama Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 4:33am
post #2 of 10

AHi! You can go all fancy and buy expensive chocolate from somewhere like country kitchen sweet art.com (I think that's the name of the place) but I just use good semi sweet chocolate chips or mix with milk chocolate chips.:-)

cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 8:12am
post #3 of 10

AI use the cheapest basic chocolate I can find!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 9:13am
post #4 of 10

A

Original message sent by cupcakemaker

I use the cheapest basic chocolate I can find!

Why?

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 9:15am
post #5 of 10

Where are you and do you want to buy in bulk or just for one cake? We buy our chocolate Nestle Royal Kibble from a company called Simotas in Sydney, but I have an ABN and buy wholesale.  If you only want enough for one cake Big W sells a good Belgium chocolate that makes a really good tasting Ganache.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 9:18am
post #6 of 10

I use aldi eating chocolate for my ganache , I find it sets well and tastes great and is not over the top expensive. 

cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 9:21am
post #7 of 10

ABecause it keeps the cost down and still tastes yummy. I use milk choc normally.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 10:52am
post #8 of 10

I use Nestle Melts. Works fine for me, and isn't the most expensive available. Buy at Coles or Woolies.

Tamson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamson Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 10:52am
post #9 of 10

AI am from Melbourne and am looking to buy bulk. Will check out that website as I also have a abn. Thanks

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 10:29pm
post #10 of 10

Royal Kibble is a Nestle product and widely available so I'm sure a wholesaler in Melbourne would stock it, probably more than one.  Simotas is not the only stockist in Sydney, it's just their prices are good and they also supply NZMP the NZ unsalted butter we use and the Bulla cream we use aaaand they deliver.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%