Searching For The Right Mold. What A Headache.

Decorating By kblickster Updated 19 Nov 2013 , 3:30pm by -K8memphis

kblickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kblickster Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone else get a headache searching for molds online?  The pictures are so small and I never seem to find one that meets my needs.  I have a bride wanting something similar to this.

I do not expect anyone to look for it.  I'll keep searching and creating my own headache, but I thought if anyone already knows what this is or has something similar and they can steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 5

oh gosh that's so pretty--

i would do this with graduated cutters

• petal
  • heart
  • blossom

cut out 5 rose petals (or use the one that is five petals in one even) and then cut out the middle of each one with a smaller petal cutter--pipe the juju--put them all them together and you got the big blossoms

same thing with the hearts and she/he uses the hearts in making a flower and then just uses some straight up blossoms

just cut a shape then cut a smaller shape out of the middles add piping to string it all together

painstaking but very doable with an easy peasy selection of cutters :-D

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 5

Might be a sugar veil mold.

-K8memphis Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 5

and the decorator just filled in the gaps with scroll work--often for lace you would see netting piped between the lace pieces--scrolls are easier than piping netting

you got it made on this one

-K8memphis Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 5

and they used a large & small leaf cutter too--battenburg lace done very well so pretty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%