Fresh Roses

Decorating By vianrey Updated 5 Nov 2013 , 2:52am by MBalaska

vianrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vianrey Posted 3 Nov 2013 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 8

AHello everyone, just curious how do ppl arrange fresh roses on a cake without actually inserting the stem in the cake?????

7 replies
Lindasicings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 12:49am
post #3 of 8

I have even purchased the florist water tubes to insert in the sides of my cakes. They have a rubber membrane on the tops of them so no water will spill onto the cake. I buy mine from Amazon. 

vianrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vianrey Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 3:47am
post #4 of 8

AWell this is the cake I am trying to make, not sure if those would work with this many flowers [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3133319/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

mfeagan Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 8

The wilton flower spikes are kind of big...that's why I don't use them. I use those florist ones I was talking about. They are much smaller in diameter. They will work on the side. 

For the top of the cake, you will want to cut a very shallow plastic container that fits on the top tier. Soak some oasis and arrange the roses in that. The whole thing gets set on top of the top tier. You won't have any holes in it and won't lose any servings. 

I would recommend adding a couple dowels and a cake board on the top tier to hold the weight of the oasis and flowers. You can cover the board with fondant so it matches the rest of the cake. 

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 8

AThe florist water tubes are not food-safe.

mfeagan Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godot 

The florist water tubes are not food-safe.

Hmmm...glad to know that now!! Thanks Godot. I guess the best way to not make HUGE holes in your cakes is to put the flowers on at delivery and perhaps use straws. What do you recommend. 

(I haven't heard of any of the guests dying from my non food safe tubes, so that's good.) 8O

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%