How Many Cupcakes To Make For A Festival

Business By Jessicashaw1982 Updated 23 Oct 2013 , 5:33pm by Jessicashaw1982

Jessicashaw1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessicashaw1982 Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 2:04am
post #1 of 4

I've been doing research for a few days and I am in the process of getting ready for a Christmas festival. They expect 25,000 people over the two days the festival is planned for. Which has been the average turnout for the last couple years. I do not know if there are any other vendors like mine because the deadline has not come yet. But I am trying to get an idea about how many cupcakes and cake pops I should take with me. I just did a festival this weekend which only brings out about 2000 people the one day it is open The cake pops were popular and I want to do more variations of those as well as cupcakes. I've looked at similar posts on here but none really give a number in the replies. Any info would be appreciated. I know the most important thing right now is getting my name out there, but I don't want to take home a bunch of cupcakes either. I plan on having my girls hand out flyers, and also doing a raffle at my table. Also I am licensed and there are strict guidelines I must follow for the festival. But this is just a small business I am trying to grow. Thanks so much in advance.

3 replies
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 1:48am
post #2 of 4

I honestly think you need about 10% of the festival goers in product - if you get what I mean. So if there are 25,000 attending, you need at least 2500 products. Not everyone will purchase cake pops or cupcakes. It's also a HUGE investment! You don't want to make way too much and come home with a lot of left over products.

All I can say is cake pops. UGH! hahaha! I applaud anyone who likes to make them! :)

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 2:50am
post #3 of 4

What kind of festival/event Is this, what time of day is it held? Is it upscale or not? You need to know what other food is being sold there, that's really important.

What were your numbers for the show you just did? If it's similar you could expect to make similar numbers.

I'd be surprised if you sold to 10%.....I tend to think it will be way less. But it could be a good opportunity to showcase your products as hostess gifts and gain future orders.

Jessicashaw1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessicashaw1982 Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 4

AThis festival is in another city, and the income in the area is way higher. It's been going on every year for the last 30yrs. It's a huge event for this city. It's the day after Thanksgiving which gave me pause, but since it's always been on this day and always draws these numbers. I won't know what other vendors will be attending until after Nov 1st when the deadline is. And I need to edit my poll. It's actually cake push pops. I'm hoping realistically to do 10%. Thank you for all your replies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%