Cake Push Pops

Decorating By DebinD Updated 20 Oct 2013 , 6:41am by wendelynb

DebinD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebinD Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 3

ACan I cut discs from a 9" round to shove into push pops? I have a leftover 9" single layer and I'm taking ideas for my kids cake walk at school. I haven't had much luck with traditional cake pops.

2 replies
HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 5:07am
post #2 of 3

AYou certainly can, I took one of the push pop containers to cut out the cake circles for my push pop, only I used a sheet cake. It will still work. If you feel the 9" layer is too thick, torte it or slice the layer in half side ways and go from there. I hope this makes sense. Best wishes!

wendelynb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendelynb Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 6:41am
post #3 of 3

A[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]I made nearly thirty of these last week for my daughters school birthday celebration and I could barely get out of the school from the overwhelming comments about these cute little treats. This was my first "go round" with making these and per the usual I learned a few things for the next time. Because time was of the essence I went ahead and purchased the mini whoopie pie pan so I didn't have to cut them out but if you do that is a perfectly acceptable way of filling them. I would however; freeze the cakes before attempting to push them down into the containers. Probably the best way would be to do so after cutting out your cake pieces, Wilton's little tutorial says a 1 1/2" round cookie cutter will work fine or you can use the push pop capsule (just for lack of a better word) and then freeze them. I watched the tutorial before even purchasing the supplies and wondered if the cakes moisture would cause a smeary mess when pushing the cakes down into the bottom and sure enough a wipe down was necessary with each layer. I happened to have made chocolate and white cakes to alternate and naturally the chocolate was the messiest. I suspect that freezing might make that problem better and easier but haven't tried it yet. I just thought I would pass it on and if I am right save a little frustration on someone else's part. Good luck, even with the hassle I would do it all over again. The constant compliments from school staff, parents and of course the children was astonishing. My constant thought was, if only I had taken business cards :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%