New Business Question...

Business By khelsey07 Updated 14 Oct 2013 , 6:16pm by Paperfishies

khelsey07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khelsey07 Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 5:44am
post #1 of 2

AIm in MS...i was wanting to know, if you rent a commercial kitchen to bake your product, will i have to have a license to sell my product as well as a business name...

1 reply
Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 2

I'm not sure but I did find this...


Mississippi’s new law (SB 2553) went into effect on July 1st, 2013. It is an improvement on Mississippi’s pre-existing home-based processor laws, which only allowed sales at farmers markets.

With the introduction of this law comes some limitations, such as an annual sales cap of $20,000. Fortunately, it’s very easy to get started, as no registration or permit is required. Also, the allowed food list is fairly comprehensive — that list and some other requirements were modeled after California’s laws.

Unfortunately, Mississippi is one of the only states that doesn’t allow cottage food operations to advertise online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%