I Need Help Pricing And Info For Traveling With This Cake, Any Ideas?

Decorating By medicmama7 Updated 11 Nov 2013 , 11:18pm by howsweet

medicmama7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
medicmama7 Posted 11 Oct 2013 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I have an order for a turkey cake to serve 50-60 people. She wants it to look like this. Has anyone made something similar, any tips would be appreciated. Also ideas for transport, my last soccer ball cake, the ball rolled off. Thanks.

6 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 11 Oct 2013 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 7

Super cute.   Just make sure you put it on at least a 1/2" drum.   Sharpen a dowel rod and run it through the entire cake and into the board. 

medicmama7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
medicmama7 Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 7

AWhat about pricing? Any ideas? I was thinking $3/serving

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 7

cake sculptures start at about $8-$9 per serving and go up from there

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 7

Depending on your market, I would say about $4/serving, but, it could go as high at double that if you have that demographic. My customers are wealthy and for that cake I would charge around $250.00.  That cake looks like a lot of work.  Adorable!

daugaardsam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daugaardsam Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 7

As far as the transportation goes, I use the cake stackers system, and I don't have to worry about a single thing moving

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norasmom 

Depending on your market, I would say about $4/serving, but, it could go as high at double that if you have that demographic. My customers are wealthy and for that cake I would charge around $250.00.  That cake looks like a lot of work.  Adorable!

Your customers are wealthy and you're giving them 3d sculpted cakes around $4 per serving? Unless you live in a third world country with an extremely low cost of living, I don't see how you can make a living charging so little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%