Boxing Ring Ropes?

Decorating By Claire138 Updated 7 Oct 2013 , 6:06am by Claire138

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a small (6 inch square) boxing ring and I'd love to have the look of the ropes going around as they do in a ring, my problem is I can't work out how to make them. I've thought of RI but then I think that one jog of the car and it'll fall and break into pieces plus how would I stick the corner pieces into the cake? 

Any one done something like this or have any ideas?

6 replies
Cakesandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesandstuff Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 7

ATry strawberry laces ( or equivalent of them where you are), stick them ith a bit of RI or tie them on.:)

Claire138 Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 7

What are strawberry laces? is that like liquorice? do they come in white? 

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 7

I used black licorice laces. It is in one of my early pictures from June or July

Cakesandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesandstuff Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 7

AStrawberry laces are basically strings of red licorice ( sort of), Im pretty sure you can find black ones, don't think there are white ones though. But of course, I don't know if you can get them where you are, here in the uk you can get them anywhere.

lunawhisper0013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lunawhisper0013 Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 7

AI just painted and lacquered some dowels, drilled 3 holes on each and used embroidery floss for the rope. Not edible, but it got the job done and the polyurethane made it food safe.

Claire138 Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 6:06am
post #7 of 7

Thanks! I'll buy the strings, I think I'll paint them white with white colouring gel and see what happens. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%