Never Again.....

Decorating By Cakespirations Updated 5 Oct 2013 , 8:54pm by kikiandkyle

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 7

A(Couple months ago, a bride placed an order with me solely on the phone, no pictures, no ideas, nothing )

Me: what are the details of your cake you want?

Bride: white BC smooth, black ribbon, teal flowers.

Me: what kind of flowers?

Bride : I don't care, anything. I am really easy , any black ribbon, any flowers, doesn't matter, needs to feed x number of guests and be three tiers "

Me: ok cool.

Fast forward to the last few days.... "Omg what kind of flowers do I put on this thing, is it country style, modern, vintage, ... How thick should I do the ribbon, fondant or fabric....why didn't I ask her what she didn't want!!!!! omg I should know better!!!""

End of story was.... I did the cake , photo posted, but I stressed over every detail, I thought having creative license wouldn't be too bad. Well not when you don't meet them face to face for a normal consult. I didn't realize how important that relationship and impression was. However, it was a HUGE compliment to get her unconditional confidence in me based on another persons recommendation .

I am putting a new question on my consult phone form though... "What DONT you want?"

6 replies
cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 7

AGood question!! I bet they would answer THAT question better as opposed to what they DO want!

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 7

AThey ended up loving the cake... And of all things... Used rubber ducky bride and groom cake toppers on it. I seriously panicked though. I really hate the idea of not knowing. [IMG ALT="Teal and black round wedding cake"]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3114295/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 7

A:-O that is sooooo beautiful!!!! That colour on the flowers is amazing!!! Love it!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 7

Beautiful!!  Love the colors!

JennaGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaGee Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 7

I am so relieved this post doesn't end with a disappointed bride or a cake wreck! Your cake looks amazing btw, the flowers are gorgeous :)

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 7

ALove those flowers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%