Purple!

Decorating By fcakes Updated 5 Oct 2013 , 8:10am by fcakes

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 5

I'd really appreciate if someone can please tell me how do I get this dark purple in chocolate/candy melts, and also where I could find the dark purple sugar sprinkles - 

I know this pic above is airbrushed, but how do I get the shade of dark purple that is drizzled, and also the dark purple sugar?

Thank you!!!

4 replies
MustangMollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustangMollie Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 5

AI got a similar color as the bottom one when I made modeling chocolate with candy melts last night. I used pink and red melts an colored with violet, blue, and purple powders.

fcakes Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you MustangMollie! Will adding violet color to purple candy melts work? Not sure if powders will work.. :-/

MustangMollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustangMollie Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 12:47am
post #4 of 5

AI have no idea sorry. Last night was the first time I've done anything with chocolate.

FWIW I coloured the melts before I added the corn syrup so I would think it should work for you. If you want to use purple melts (which I would have too but my local shop was out of stock) I would add people melts and white melts to get a light to medium purple then add the coloured powders to adjust the people to the exact colour that you want.

... but these are thoughts from a newbie. Hopefully someone with more experience will come in :)

fcakes Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 8:10am
post #5 of 5

AThank you! Appreciate it! :-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%