Bride Gave Me A Wrong Date

Decorating By authenticakes Updated 2 Oct 2013 , 2:04am by BrandisBaked

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 9:17pm
post #31 of 37

ANo. I'm being ambivalent in my answer.

I don't think she is totally to blame. The majority of fault lies on the bride, who was wrong about the date. I do think OP does share a very small amount of blame. She really should have confirmed the day & date.

She certainly isn't obligated to refund anything. I, personally, would feel the need to offer a small refund for my role in not confirming like a pro.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 9:56pm
post #32 of 37

i literally tell my brides that the cake purchase is not contingent on the wedding taking place -- that once it's paid in full they will get a cake as ordered with or without the ceremony--so prepare the freezer or prepare a party because there's gonna be a lotta cake that day somewhere ;)

--had one bride pay a year in advance even with the admonition -- brave girl

so i agree with what has already been said about asking where do you want delivery--srsly

VanillaSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaSky Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 10:47pm
post #33 of 37

AThanks for clarifying, Delicious Desserts.

If you read our posts, I really don't think we are that far apart from each other. Really.

I'm a lawyer so when someone says someone is partially at fault for a loss, then, in my mind, it is only equitable that they should be partially responsible for the damages. (Although that is not the legal standard everywhere). At any rate, I read your post about the OPs culpability to originally mean the OP was required to refund the OP, which is not what you intended, as you just noted that the OP wasn't obligated to refund. Based on that misunderstanding, I wrote my post, but even in that post, pI did acknowledge that I could be misinterpreting you.

I really am not trying to be difficult or argumentative, and apologize if I'm coming off that way. Again, sorry, and, dont worry - this is my last post about it.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 30 Sep 2013 , 1:22am
post #34 of 37

ANo no! I was the crazy one. You were right. We weren't disagreeing.

So many words have connotations.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 30 Sep 2013 , 1:43am
post #35 of 37

chiming in to say., don't you refund any of the money! I know you feel bad about it, but you're not in the wrong and you don't bear the responsibility.  Please don't refund. 

maymay0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maymay0829 Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 2:01am
post #36 of 37

AI have had this happen to me many years ago. So sorry you had to go through this. What I did at the time was got them a dummy cake for pictures and then served the unfinished cakes ( fondant only) to guest.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 2:04am
post #37 of 37

AGuess she can't ever get mad at her husband if he forgets the anniversary... :lol:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%