Too Many Flavors In One Cake..

Baking By TheItalianBaker Updated 27 Sep 2013 , 1:26pm by TheItalianBaker

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 14

Hi! yesterday a lady asked me for a white cake with 2 different filling: raspberry buttercream and lemon buttercream. Plus she wants a white frosting, maybe a vanilla buttercream.. I am very afraid that's too many different flavors.. I was thinking of lemon buttercream as frosting too, but she thinks It might not come out white as she wants.

any advices?

thank you

13 replies
Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 14

I think it sounds delicious. I have a cake very similar and call it pink lemonade. ;)

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheItalianBaker 

Hi! yesterday a lady asked me for a white cake with 2 different filling: raspberry buttercream and lemon buttercream. Plus she wants a white frosting, maybe a vanilla buttercream.. I am very afraid that's too many different flavors.. I was thinking of lemon buttercream as frosting too, but she thinks It might not come out white as she wants.

any advices?

thank you

The lemon and raspberry sound very good together. If you use clear lemon extract in the buttercream it would stay white.  But I think that even if you do go with vanilla, it wouldn't clash. Vanilla mixes with most anything.

lisaelanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisaelanna Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 14

AThat's very similar to what I used for my wedding cake (except strawberry instead of raspberry) and everyone said it was one of the best cakes they'd ever had!

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 14

ANot too many flavors at all. Your "white" cake is vanilla too, isn't it?

KLCCrafts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KLCCrafts Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 14

Wow that actually sounds really good -- I might need to try it. ;-D

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 14

ASounds good - raspberry and lemon are a lovely combination. I'm not sure about "white" cake. White is so not a flavour.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 14

I agree with everyone, those flavors go great together...and white cake and my basic buttercream are flavored with vanilla and go with everything too.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 6:43pm
post #9 of 14

AI don't think I've ever made a white cake that wasn't flavored with vanilla.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 6:53pm
post #10 of 14

ASome people consider white cake to be almond flavored.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 6:56pm
post #11 of 14

AAlmond is almond.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 6:57pm
post #12 of 14

Just thought I'd add that I, too, think your customer's order sounds great. Did you take the order or tell her no?

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 7:15pm
post #13 of 14

AI know that; which is why I specified that "[U]Some people[/U] consider white cake to be almond flavored ." I never said white cake is or should be almond cake.

I already argued the whole vanilla/yellow cake color vs flavor many moons ago, so you'd be preaching to the choir.

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 1:26pm
post #14 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnybird 

The lemon and raspberry sound very good together. If you use clear lemon extract in the buttercream it would stay white.  But I think that even if you do go with vanilla, it wouldn't clash. Vanilla mixes with most anything.

I'm not going to use lemon extract (I dont have it at the bakery..), so I'll try with real lemon! 

I dont eat raspberry, I HATE THEM!!!! glad I found you guys :D

Im gonna make a white vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream and lemon buttercream filling, vanilla buttercream frosting then!!

3 FULL SHEET CAKES.. ouch!

thank you everybody!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%