Edible Gold Sequins

Decorating By Petals_and_Pearls_cakes Updated 6 Jan 2016 , 1:25pm by costumeczar

Linda2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda2010 Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 3:16am
post #61 of 62

Yes I did follow her tutorial but my experiences were that because I used the colored chips (I don´t know how to call them) and I did not want to use the highlighter  because it is not edible, then I used my airbrush, but it took so much of the paint to cover the colors.  The next time I cut lots of little circles  of yellow fondant with a piping tip and it worked much better. They were easier to stick to the cake and I used much less spray

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 1:25pm
post #62 of 62

I like the Caketress's designs, but the gold color that she used in her Craftsy class was NOT edible, so that's a big problem if you want to use only 100% edible (not just non-toxic) colors. The truth is that most people won't try to eat a thick layer of painted candy discs, and if someone does eat some of them it's not going to be a really big deal, but if you want to serve only edible materials to people then you shouldn't use the non-toxic "paint" she uses. It's called "24 karat gold" but it isn't, it's just named that by the manufacturer to describe the color...tricky.

There are edible metallic paints out there, Rainbow Dust is the one that I like, but be prepared to pay for them because they come in small bottles. They give you great coverage, though, I love them...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%