Cake Supply Store

Business By Sparklekat6 Updated 12 Sep 2013 , 8:40pm by Sparklekat6

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 5

Hey all,  so I was just wondering, for those of you who may own stores that actually sell cake supplies rather than cake, is there a low profit margin on these stores?  I ask because there's only three in my County and we are the 6th largest County in the nation and they are all in the North part of the County, which, to put in nicely, doesn't have as high property values as the South part.  I was so frustrated last week that I was ready to pull all of the equity out of my condo and open my own cake supply store just for me! ;)

(And yes I am aware I am supposed to be working on Wisdom from Cake Central Members posters but I just haven't finished yet! ;)  ) 

4 replies
CupcakeMoma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeMoma Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 5

AI just have a home business but was thinking to do the samething, for selfish reasons of course! It would be nice to have everything on hand, that way I wouldnt have to overnight something for a last minute cake! I'm no help I know, but just thought you should know your not alone! :)

Sparklekat6 Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah I just wonder if maybe the price per sqft in my neighborhood is just too much.  Because I think there's definitely a market but I bet the profit margin isn't high enough. 

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 5

The one in my city is the only one in the 7 city area. It is pretty busy...but they are in a dump under an overpass where homeless people sleep. You would think they could afford higher rent...

Sparklekat6 Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

The one in my city is the only one in the 7 city area. It is pretty busy...but they are in a dump under an overpass where homeless people sleep. You would think they could afford higher rent...

Yeah the profit margin must not be high?  JASON!!!!  We need your input!  Especially since you live in my County!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%