Business Name Help/ideas Needed!!

Business By Molly69 Updated 19 Sep 2013 , 4:42am by SecretAgentCakeBaker

Molly69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly69 Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 15

please can anyone give me some ideas for my cake business name?  I have been trying to think of one for weeks and can't find "the right one" and it's holding me back launching my business...I want the name to make customers realise that the cakes I am selling will be beautiful/elegant/delicate/intricate, that sort of thing.  I am not a novelty cake maker, I love to make really pretty cakes with gumpaste flowers etc.

some of the names I have thought of are:

Victoria Rose Cakes (victoria is my name, Rose is my daughters)

The White Cake Company

BlueBird Bakery

Sugared

Sugared Petal cake company

but none of them are particularily pleasing to me!  

I'd be so grateful for any ideas ..x

14 replies
miniflowercake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miniflowercake Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 15

The White Cake Company sounds elegant, and I like that one the most. Although, BlueBird Bakery is nice too! 

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 15

I like Victoria Rose

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 15

I like Victoria Rose Cake Company

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 15

AWhile I like Victoria Rose, I'd only name it after your daughter if you don't plan on having more children.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 15

AI like Victoria Rose Cakes...but if I had it I would call it Victorian Rose Cakery. Victoria rose cakes just doesn't flow off my tongue. I do not like the white name..at all...kinda racist sounding...I know I'm weird. Bluebird reminds of a school bus company. I like Sugared Petal Cake Company..but then again I may call it Sugar Petal Cakes or cakery...again, your version didn't flow off my tongue.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 15

"Elegant Cakes"

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 11:13pm
post #8 of 15

I'm not super keen on any of these, Bluebird is taken several times, White Cake ditto the above comment, the others just don't flow right. 

I was looking for a name in the same kind of direction you are, it's difficult. I ended up just finding a way to link to my location, with an elegant twist. It's also unique to the US, so I don't have to worry about getting the URL or Facebook page. 

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 11:22pm
post #9 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by julzs71 

I like Victoria Rose Cakes...but if I had it I would call it Victorian Rose Cakery. Victoria rose cakes just doesn't flow off my tongue.
I do not like the white name..at all...kinda racist sounding...I know I'm weird.
Bluebird reminds of a school bus company.
I like Sugared Petal Cake Company..but then again I may call it Sugar Petal Cakes or cakery...again, your version didn't flow off my tongue.

I think JWinlsow's business name is Sugar Petals Bakery or something similar...not that it mater since she is most likely not in your area...

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 12:57am
post #10 of 15

ADelicate delights cakery Sophisticated sweets Chic sweets Chic cakes Refined sugar - a cakery.

Molly69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly69 Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 10:15am
post #11 of 15

thank you all for your ideas and I appreciate what you have said about my ideas (some made me laugh!! - good job I asked!!) Its good to hear other peoples perspective on these things.

I am leaning towards Victoria Rose Cakery  or maybe " Tea Rose Cakery" at the moment - still undecided (terrible at making decisions :-(...)

Phaedramax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phaedramax Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 5:28pm
post #12 of 15

You need to check with your state to make sure that  or whatever name you want is available and than you need to register it so no one else can use it in your state.You will have to renew it every apx every 3 years to keep it.

rmanuel73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmanuel73 Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 7:35pm
post #13 of 15

I have to put my vote in for Victoria Rose Cakery.  I really love that!  It let's customers know exactly what product you are selling, and the name sounds very elegant to me.

CakesbyKadi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyKadi Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 4:36am
post #14 of 15

ASweetcakes

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 4:42am
post #15 of 15

AVictoria Rose

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%