Looks Like I'll Have To Rethink My Business Plans...

Lounge By kikiandkyle Updated 16 Sep 2013 , 4:42pm by kikiandkyle

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 14 Sep 2013 , 4:25pm
post #31 of 36

No one could disagree with that !  :-D

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 14 Sep 2013 , 4:37pm
post #32 of 36

Hey, kikiandkyle, I'm a Houston girl myself - although I haven't lived there for quite a while. Still, I know the vastness that is Sugar Land (I'm from Bellaire, which isn't THAT far away). I think the suggestion to look farther away than just the local neighborhood is a great one, and very easy to do in Houston, what with Facebook, a web site and delivery (if you have that as part of your plan). I just want to congratulate you on two things: the new Texas CFL and your new home. I just moved into my own home here in Cancun and it's been a real experience - my cake stuff is together and organized for the first time, but everything takes so long to get up and running in a new house, that my business has suffered. I wish you the best, whatever you decide to do!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 14 Sep 2013 , 4:40pm
post #33 of 36

That's OK howsweet, I got the spirit of what you meant! 

I know the market for this area is huge and it shouldn't be an issue. But I don't want to make any waves right off the bat, especially since the other baker teaches one of my kids. It just means I have to think beyond the initial plans I had for how to get the word out. 

Anyway I've got to get my damn house built first. That's a whole other story. :x

kikiandkyle Posted 14 Sep 2013 , 4:41pm
post #34 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marianna46 

Hey, kikiandkyle, I'm a Houston girl myself - although I haven't lived there for quite a while. Still, I know the vastness that is Sugar Land (I'm from Bellaire, which isn't THAT far away). I think the suggestion to look farther away than just the local neighborhood is a great one, and very easy to do in Houston, what with Facebook, a web site and delivery (if you have that as part of your plan). I just want to congratulate you on two things: the new Texas CFL and your new home. I just moved into my own home here in Cancun and it's been a real experience - my cake stuff is together and organized for the first time, but everything takes so long to get up and running in a new house, that my business has suffered. I wish you the best, whatever you decide to do!

Thanks Marianna! Enjoy your new place!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 4:36pm
post #35 of 36

I've been thinking about this and it seems to me you're fairly close to a lot of upper-middle class neighborhoods (Bellaire - not when I lived there, but now anyway - and other places like Sharpstown, Meyerland, West U, and on and on) that you could market to. And Sugar Land, too, of course - it's a large place on its own. I'm rootin' for ya, no matter what you decide to do!

kikiandkyle Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 4:42pm
post #36 of 36

AThanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%