Writing In Icing Tutorials

Decorating By CakeGeekUk Updated 3 Sep 2013 , 4:41am by Unlimited

CakeGeekUk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeGeekUk Posted 31 Aug 2013 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all, I was browsing through Cake Central recently after when I signed up as a member last month and I came across a thread - "Writing in Icing".  I posted on this thread not realising it was 9 years old until it was pointed out to me, but it stoked a lot of interest. I've now put together a list of the best tutorials I found online on piping lettering that you might find helpful, as well as some of my own tips I've learned in the last few years.  Please feel free to share any insights of your own.  It's a skill many people are afraid of when they start out decorating, but it's one that is super rewarding to develop. Enjoy!

http://cakegeek.co.uk/index.php/writing-in-icing-piped-lettering/

5 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 6

Here's the thread "Writing on Cakes": http://cakecentral.com/t/58/writing-on-cakes

I made a writing video too! (see below)

CakeGeekUk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeGeekUk Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:20am
post #3 of 6

Hi Unlimited, that was awesome! I'm so jealous!!!! Wish I could pipe like that but it's so inspiring to see someone that artistic with a piping bag. The script you use is beautiful. It really is my ultimate cake decorating goal - to pipe like a master.  Thanks so much for the tips Unlimited.

susie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susie1 Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:40am
post #4 of 6

WOW!!!  Thank you so much!!!  These videos are so inspiring.

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 1:21am
post #5 of 6

this is a keeper. thanks

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 4:41am
post #6 of 6

@CakeGeek, so glad you enjoyed it! Keep watching others write — it helped me a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%