Transporting Cupcake Bouquet

Decorating By Pastrybaglady Updated 2 Sep 2013 , 4:09pm by Pastrybaglady

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Aug 2013 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 5

What is the best way to transport a cupcake bouquet? 

I was happy with the way they came out, but then how to get them where they needed to go?  Fortunately they only needed to go 5 minutes away, but we had to drive so sloooowly.  Every little bump in the road was terrifying.

4 replies
JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:39am
post #2 of 5

I ran into the same darn problem a couple of months ago!  LOL!  I had to transport 7 to a retirement party and had no idea what I was going to do. Then I spotted a box that was used for transporting potted flowers and it had round sections in the cardboard for the planter to sit. I grabbed it and took it home!  LOL!  But the box was only going to hold four. When I got home, I looked for a box that had a lid that wasnt too big that I could fit the other three into. I measured the approximate circumference I would need and proceeded to cut three holes in the lid. I then placed an empty planter in the hole to make sure it fit before testing one that had cupcakes in it. I found the box was a little too tall for the planter so I placed a stack of newspapers inside so the planter would sit up higher.  Worked like a charm!  To transport just one, I used a 10x10 cake box, cut a circle out of the lid, taped the lid down and placed the planter inside the hole.

I hope that helps :)

Pastrybaglady Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 5:14am
post #3 of 5

AWow, ingenius! I stuffed a box with paper and whatnot around the base, but it was tricky to find the right size box so the pot could be removed without disturbing the flowers. Tricky business! I like how you cut the box top :)

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 5

I forgot to add that the newspapers in the box helped weigh it down as I find my cupcake bouquets are top heavy.

Pastrybaglady Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 5

Yeah, that too! The top heaviness made me feel like the best way was just to hold it in my lap but that's not practical if you're transporting more than one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%