Tier Cake Troubles!

Baking By jellybeanking Updated 29 Aug 2013 , 10:55pm by CakeGeekUk

jellybeanking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanking Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 5

my cousin's wedding is in 1 week and because she loves the cakes me and another one of my cousin make together she asked us to make a 2 tier cake for her.

but the problem is me and my other cousin are 14 (both of us) and we are use to making advanced single cakes but we have no idea about how to make a 2 tier cake so can some one please explain the process and what extra things i will need to make a 2 tier cake thanks! 

kind regards-jellybeanking king.gif

4 replies
Mamasmanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasmanna Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 5

Since the wedding is 1 week away I would suggest staying in your comfort zone and doing multiple single tiered caked on pretty pedestal cake stands. It could look just as nice or even better considering you guys don't have a lot of experience doing multiple tiers. Don't stress yourself out. So much could go wrong with this being your first time AND a family members wedding. Stick to what you know for now and do it well. Then practice on multiple tiers later. Support is the key though. Search around on CC about stacking cakes there's so much info on this topic, but my recommendation would be to not do any new. It's too risky, your cousin should understand.

jellybeanking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanking Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 5

thanks im sure im going to do that in stead it will stop me from getting stressed :)

thanks! :)

Mamasmanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasmanna Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 5

No prob!

CakeGeekUk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeGeekUk Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 5

Hi JellyBeanKing, great advice from Momma's Manna. Sweet tables with an array of single tier cakes on pedestal stands are all the rage at the moment, so definitely go with that.  It's so sweet that you guys are just 14 and making a wedding cake!!! Don't think anyone would have trusted me at that age - but you'll be absolutely fine.  Enjoy it, guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%