Best Caramel Mudcake Recipe

Baking By Nadiaa Updated 2 Dec 2014 , 10:21am by mcaulir

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 6:06am
post #31 of 54

No problems - I hope it was helpful. Definitely use the Betty Crocker recipe if it's worked out for you. Let me know if I can help again.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 6:49am
post #32 of 54
LisaNZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaNZ Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 11:04am
post #33 of 54

AOh my gosh, I'm just baking this cake and my house smells soooo amazing :)

fillylily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fillylily Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 11:40pm
post #34 of 54

A

Original message sent by mcaulir

I'm keen to hear how you go!

Baked the cake mcaulir using your mudcake recipe and filled with ganache. My daughter and her fiancee' loved it though we all agreed it was too sweet. I frosted with chocolate buttercream which we also all agreed was the sweetest part. The couple thought it might also look better with a white frosting. Would you suggest just using plain SMBC/IMBC on it. Somehow i can't imagine a mudcake with either frosting. She definitely doesn't like covering it with fondant. I would just like to fill and frost with chocolate ganache because it is not ad sweet and buttery as chocolate SMBC. what do you think? I do not know how to post photos here

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 11:59pm
post #35 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by fillylily 

Baked the cake mcaulir using your mudcake recipe and filled with ganache. My daughter and her fiancee' loved it though we all agreed it was too sweet. I frosted with chocolate buttercream which we also all agreed was the sweetest part. The couple thought it might also look better with a white frosting. Would you suggest just using plain SMBC/IMBC on it. Somehow i can't imagine a mudcake with either frosting. She definitely doesn't like covering it with fondant. I would just like to fill and frost with chocolate ganache because it is not ad sweet and buttery as chocolate SMBC. what do you think? I do not know how to post photos here
fillylily Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 2:36am
post #36 of 54

A

Original message sent by Goreti

I haven't tried this particular recipe (yet) but have made other mud cake recipes.  I used SMBC on it all the time.  I use a flavor to compliment whatever mud cake I have made.

Ok.. that's good to know. Thank you Goreti. I will then continue to use SMBC on it but just flavor with vanilla as they requested a white/off white color. When i flavoured the SMBC with melted dark chocolate, the light brown color did not appeal to them. So they asked if i just omit the chocolate part. Will start baking the 3 cakes this week for the oct 26 wedding. Can i fill (with choc ganache) then freeze at this stage?

mcaulir Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 7:46am
post #37 of 54

SMBC would be fine, I'm sure, although I haven't ever ever made that combo  myself. I cover all mine with ganache. You can use white chocolte ganache, but if you found normal buttercream too sweet, then I imagine white choc ganache would be too sweet as well.

I would just make the cakes, cool in the tine, wrap in two layers of plastic wrapand freeze. Then defrost and fill with ganache when you're about to decorate.

LisaNZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaNZ Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 8:29am
post #38 of 54

AI have made this and used chocolate ganache, it was a huge hit

fillylily Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 2:23pm
post #39 of 54

A

Original message sent by mcaulir

SMBC would be fine, I'm sure, although I haven't ever ever made that combo  myself. I cover all mine with ganache. You can use white chocolte ganache, but if you found normal buttercream too sweet, then I imagine white choc ganache would be too sweet as well.

I would just make the cakes, cool in the tine, wrap in two layers of plastic wrapand freeze. Then defrost and fill with ganache when you're about to decorate.

Thanks again Mcaulir for all your tips. I am actually going to suggest to my daughter that i fill and frost the cake with the choc gnache, as it is not as sweet as the SMBC... Actually quite nice. And I am more comfortable using the ganache. many thanks again mcaulir for all your time. Hugely appreciated. Fingers crossed the cakes will be just fine on oct 26! Wish me luck! :))

fillylily Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 2:25pm
post #40 of 54

A[quote name="LisaNZ" url="/t/762913/best-caramel-mudcake-recipe/30#post_7444285"]I have made this and used chocolate ganache, it was a huge hit[/quote

Thank you LisaNZ. I am seriously thinking of using choc ganache.

mcaulir Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 8:18am
post #41 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by fillylily 

Thanks again Mcaulir for all your tips. I am actually going to suggest to my daughter that i fill and frost the cake with the choc gnache, as it is not as sweet as the SMBC... Actually quite nice. And I am more comfortable using the ganache. many thanks again mcaulir for all your time. Hugely appreciated. Fingers crossed the cakes will be just fine on oct 26! Wish me luck! icon_smile.gif)

Good luck! Feel free to PM if you need anything closer to the day.

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 9:25am
post #42 of 54

AHow do I add this to favorites?

fillylily Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 11:26pm
post #43 of 54

A[quote name="mcaulir" url="/t/762913/best-caramel-mudcake-recipe/30#post_7444736"] Good luck! Feel free to PM if you need anything closer to the day. [/quote

Thanks. I might do that. :)

funtobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtobake Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 11:43pm
post #44 of 54

AHi there can anyone pls tell me if its 150g or 1cup cuz 1cup is equates to 240g?? Thanks

Bec005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bec005 Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 1:39am
post #45 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by funtobake 

Hi there can anyone pls tell me if its 150g or 1cup cuz 1cup is equates to 240g?? Thanks

1 cup in Australia is 250ml. In the US 240ml? not Grams

'

its 150g

funtobake Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 10:34am
post #46 of 54

AHi bec im juz confused cuz its got 150g(1cup) of plain flour?? Pls help!!!

iwantcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iwantcookies Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 11:23am
post #47 of 54

A1 cup of flour weighs 150 grams on a scale.

funtobake Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 5:57pm
post #48 of 54

AThank u so much.... i cant wait to make the cake...:-D ♥♥♥

joandwade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joandwade Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 6:54pm
post #49 of 54

AOh I'm going to try this one I love a good mud cake thanks for the post x

FDT79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FDT79 Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 2:26pm
post #50 of 54

ADoes anyone know if this could be converted for a 6 x 3 inch pan? And could it hold up under fondant/decorating do you think? Thanks a lot

mcaulir Posted 2 Dec 2014 , 2:40am
post #51 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDT79 

Does anyone know if this could be converted for a 6 x 3 inch pan? And could it hold up under fondant/decorating do you think? Thanks a lot

Do you mean a 6 inch round tin that's 3 inches tall?

The recipe given is for a 9 inch tin - to be honest, I'd just make the whole recipe and use the leftovers for cupcakes.

You could halve the recipe if you wanted to, and there would probably be enough.

FDT79 Posted 2 Dec 2014 , 7:57am
post #52 of 54

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, I'm going to try & use it as a small tier of my first wedding cake [if the recipe seems to work out for a 6 inch pan]. Thanks again

FDT79 Posted 2 Dec 2014 , 7:58am
post #53 of 54

Sorry, yes I did mean 6 x 3 inches high by the way!

mcaulir Posted 2 Dec 2014 , 10:20am
post #54 of 54

A 9 inch round has a volume of about 191 cubic inches.

A 6 inch round has a volume of about 85 cubic inches.

So I would think that half a recipe for a 9 inch tin would be enough for a 6 inch tin.

I'd be trying out the recipe before using it for a wedding cake, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%