How Much To Charge For Chocolate Covered Oreos

Baking By Kathy107 Updated 31 Aug 2013 , 6:32pm by Kathy107

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 5

AI am making the chocolate covered Oreos in the Spinning Leaf molds. I am putting a designer label purse logo on top. I am bringing them to a party this weekend. I am sure people are going to want to order these for future parties. I am a hobbyist with a full time job. What is everyone charging for these? Thanks for your help.

4 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 3:12am
post #2 of 5

I see you are a frequent member on this forum, so you must know that you cannot charge unless you have a legalized business.

That being said, oreos are small but I would still charge $2.00 or more for each one, because of the amount of detail that will be going into them.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 4:10am
post #3 of 5

ABe careful about using the designer logo as well. I would take no pictures and I would not add them to your portfolio. Really the thing to do is just not do it, but I know that's an unpopular train of thought.

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 4:20am
post #4 of 5

I was going to say the same thing as morganchampagne. I know that Chanel for example has threatened legal action against cake decorators for putting their logo on cupcakes. They have people scanning blogs and websites and companies like Disney do the same.

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 31 Aug 2013 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%