Fondant Bow...stenciled Or Painted?

Decorating By jemchina Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 4:58am by Annabakescakes

jemchina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jemchina Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 12:44am
post #1 of 9

What do you think the flower print on the fondant bow is? Edible images, stenciled, painted? This cake was featured on the HWTM blog, cake design from Let Them Eat Cake.

8 replies
Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 9

The quality of that photo makes impossible for me to see enough detail to help you (enlarging my screen doesn't work either). I tried to find the image else where but I didn't find it. If you can re-post a better photo I'm sure you could get the answer you need.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 9

Stitches is correct, That is a puzzle.  The bow is difficult to see, it almost looks like edible image on fondant, but how did they scrunch it up into a bow if it is. 

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 9

AIt's really hard to see but I think it's hand painted. The greens on the right leaves seem deeper then on the right, could be photo quality but I still think its hand painted.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 9

AGoing to have to say hand painted. From what I can see it doesn't really look much like a stencil.

jemchina Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches 

The quality of that photo makes impossible for me to see enough detail to help you (enlarging my screen doesn't work either). I tried to find the image else where but I didn't find it. If you can re-post a better photo I'm sure you could get the answer you nee

Sorry all, the picture was from pinterest. ill post the link below. It was from a blog with LOTS of pictures. The bow is a bit out of focus on the top left corner.

http://pinterest.com/pin/49539664624838094/

I'll try attaching just the image of the cake

jemchina Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 9

Sorry all the picture is from pinterest and it is a bit out of focus on the upper left side. I'll try just attaching the image of the cake itself.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 1:24am
post #8 of 9

That looks hand painted to me, because each rose varies a lot. That really wouldn't be hard to do. I'd hand paint it after the shape had dried....but it you handle it carefully you could paint it before shaping to dry.

You certainly could use a stencil if you had one for that, too.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 4:58am
post #9 of 9

I see no way to stencil that, even if it wasn't gathered. Stencils have no depth. I vote hand painted. But you could print out an edible image on and Icing Images sheet and stick it to fondant, and get that same effect. Their sheets are thicker and softer and can be gathered if there is a fondant backing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%