Chocolate Transfer Wraps

Decorating By peekaboocupcake Updated 10 Aug 2013 , 7:19am by Smckinney07

peekaboocupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peekaboocupcake Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 3:06am
post #1 of 5

can u use parchment paper instead of acetate sheets to do a chocolate wrap??? i am having a hard time finding acetate sheets in stores. anyone know who carries them??

4 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 4:02am
post #2 of 5

have you tried the office supply store?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 5:10am
post #3 of 5

try art supply shops.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 7:18am
post #4 of 5

Don't know about chocolate wraps.

When I make chocolate coated truffles, or pretzels and want them to dry with a smooth shiny surface on the bottom I use butchers paper.  'Reynolds Wrap Freezer paper, plastic coated'. I tape it to the countertop shiny side up.  It's inexpensive, but I don't have a business so perfection is not a necessity.

Might  work for wraps,  though.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 7:19am
post #5 of 5

AParchment tends to wrinkle under the weight. They have tons of transfer sheets available online: animal print, holiday styles, cancer awareness, popular and random styles... I recently purchased some from Global Sugar Art, but most cake supply stores have them (I've never seen them at Michaels or Hobby Lobby-the larger stores though). I like Country Kitchen a lot too. They also have acetate sheets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%