Rumchata Whipped Cream?

Baking By amandainmn Updated 6 Aug 2013 , 9:06pm by nyclightskin

amandainmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandainmn Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 3

I received an order for Rumchata cupcakes. I had to google because I had never heard of Rumchata. shhh.gif

Anyway, I found a recipe with a Rumchata cream cheese frosting, but the person said some thought it was too sweet...so I decided to go with a Rumchata whipped cream (lighter) but am not sure if it will work. Typically, I do whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla for my whipped cream frosting. Would I add the Rumchata at the end like I add the vanilla or the beginning when I start whipping? Would this hold together do you think?

2 replies
nyclightskin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nyclightskin Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandainmn 

I received an order for Rumchata cupcakes. I had to google because I had never heard of Rumchata. shhh.gif

I had to look it up.. Oh its just a rum.. -- you can use it in your frosting as if you are using Milk as well as flavoring.. just do a complete replacement.. FYI..- you pro should soak your cupcakes with them as well after baking them..

nyclightskin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nyclightskin Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 3

I'm sorry use your regular heavy cream for your whipped cream and just add the rum instead. YOU can add more rum it will NOT destroy your whip cream .. I made some using 197 proof vodka.. and it was very strong :)icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%