Flowerpaste

Decorating By Jenna1588 Updated 7 Aug 2013 , 8:20pm by Jenna1588

Jenna1588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna1588 Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 3

I've just discovered flowerpaste! Wow. Its brilliant! Bought some and coloured it myself and the colours have turned out fab!

For any hobby UK bakers, Sainsburys have started selling it in blocks of 250g at £2.50 or 2 for £2.50.. Yes you read that right!

2 replies
CakeGeekUk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeGeekUk Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 3

Happy flower-pasting to you Jenna! It really is a great product.  I don't make sugar flowers that often (if it can be avoided - I've zero patience unfortunately!) but what I do find it great for it making icing drapes/fabric effects cascading down the front of a wedding cake (not sure what this design is actually called). Sugarpaste and modelling paste are much chunkier if you are trying to create a fabric effect, so flower paste definitely works better and doesn't tear as easily.

Can't believe supermarkets are now selling flower paste! It's amazing how mainstream cake decorating has become in the UK.  Before this is was only limited to a few covens of **********ers here and there!

Jenna1588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna1588 Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 3

Yeah was really pleased and quite shocked to see it if I'm honest! Price is reasonable and specially with the offer! I've stocked up. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%