Wilton 3D Bear!! Help!!!!!

Decorating By peekaboocupcake Updated 6 Aug 2013 , 12:51am by Marian64

peekaboocupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peekaboocupcake Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 4

AI'm new to this site as well and new to baking. I made the bear and it had a crack by the neck!!! I chose to bake without the heating core which worked fine but also the feet and legs didn't quite fill out properly! I used a little more batter than suggested and it overflowed a little but the feet and legs still didn't fill out properly!! Any one know why???? Please help me!!!

3 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome Peekaboocupcake!

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekaboocupcake 

I'm new to this site as well and new to baking. I made the bear and it had a crack by the neck!!! I chose to bake without the heating core which worked fine but also the feet and legs didn't quite fill out properly! I used a little more batter than suggested and it overflowed a little but the feet and legs still didn't fill out properly!! Any one know why???? Please help me!!!

Those are the problem.  It really is important to use the heating core.  It helps even baking.

peekaboocupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peekaboocupcake Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 4

AI didn't have a problem with the baking part. It actually turned out great! It was cooked all the way thru and tasted real good. This one was a trial run for the two bears I have to make next week.my main concern is why did it crack???

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 12:51am
post #4 of 4

AIt could be the cake recipe. I made the Winnie the Pooh bear cake a couple of months ago and his head started splitting in two. I have no idea how much buttercream it took to keep him together. It was a chocolate cake but for a lack of a better description it was light, moist and fluffy. I have made him before using a more denser recipe and didn't have the problem and I always use the core.

Hope this helps and good luck. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%