How To Do This On Buttercream..? Silver Ribbon?

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 5 Aug 2013 , 6:09am by The Cake Shoppe

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 3:42am
post #1 of 3

I got sent this picture by my sister friend who is getting married. However she only wants buttercream. I can't tell if this is ribbon, or if it's painted on. I'm thinking it's ribbon but I'm not sure. If anyone has seen this, or has done something similar to this on buttercream, please let me know how you did this!


Thanks in advance!




2 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 4:01am
post #2 of 3

It looks like strips of fondant to me. 

The Cake Shoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The Cake Shoppe Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:09am
post #3 of 3

You can do that in ribbon or fondant.  Whichever you prefer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%