Well There Is Always A First Time For Everything

Business By TheSugarLab Updated 7 Aug 2013 , 5:29pm by TheSugarLab

TheSugarLab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarLab Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 7

I just completed a tasting/consultation appointment. As soon as the groom walked into the shop, I had a feeling he was high as a kite. Not judging at all (HEY I am in California after all). I smelled it and he looked a little "sleepy". The bride and I began the appointment discussing the design and at one point he said "I'm sorry to interrupt." Looked at his fiance and then said "wait where are we? What are we doing?". Thankfully I'm fairly sure I kept a straight face but I was dying of laughter on the inside. They said something about him just waking up, which may also be true. 

On a super good note, he thought everything tasted really good and devoured the cupcakes. Even better, they booked and paid in full! I found it as amusing way to end my week from hell. 

Anyone else ever deal with clients under the influence? icon_razz.gif

6 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 12:11am
post #2 of 7

funny story, glad you got your payment up front.

They never remember anything the next day, so all is well.  thumbs_up.gif

TheSugarLab Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 12:28am
post #3 of 7

Oh yea she was completely sober! The wedding is 20 days away so I wasn't letting them leave without full payment. I'm really excited to do the cake since it had a cascade of hydrangeas. Better get started on them now. 

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 4:05am
post #4 of 7

Yes!!  Bride called to say they were running about 15 minutes late to the tasting appt because they were going thru the drive thru at McDonalds. icon_surprised.gif As soon as they walked in the door I could tell they were high as kites. Groom spent 8 minutes (not exaggerating) just trying to get his shoes off.  They sat at the table and devoured everything and said NOT.ONE. WORD.

The wedding planner and I were speechless.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 7

That's awful!  What a way to start out a marriage...

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 7

TheSugarLab,

you'll probably get to make her second and third wedding cakes, if she likes the first wedding cake.

TheSugarLab Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 7

HA! That would be interesting-doing a bride's second or third wedding. I forgot to mention that she is pregnant. I wouldn't have guessed because she isn't showing yet but she mentioned it at her consultation. They were a great couple to work with though. They both knew exactly what they wanted design and flavor wise. As soon as they tasted cake, they knew which flavor to pick. As much as I've loved working with all of my couples, it can be challenging when the couple can't make up their mind for taste. 

I'll be sure to upload pictures. The wedding is at the Malibu West Beach Club, which is right on the beach. It'll be a crazy week for me with two big weddings and a large cupcake order but I'll get to celebrate my 24th birthday two days after. :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%