Venting...

Lounge By BatterUpCake Updated 6 Aug 2013 , 10:24am by BatterUpCake

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 8

I have been sitting here all day waiting for a guy that wants me to do his daughter's birthday cake. That's one thing...I would just write him off. But I gave him plans for a cake leveler to fabricate for me over 2 weeks ago. Never heard back from him so I call 3 times Thursday. At the end of the day I reach him and he says it will be done Friday afternoon. He says he will bring it to me on Saturday so we can go over his order. Now he has not answered either my text or my call. I have not paid for it yet...but he has my spec sheets....and I am pissed. I missed my chance to get errands done because now it is raining cats and dogs.I have really been anxious to try this leveler out. I am baking now. SO I guess I'll be doing it by hand and his kid can eat a WalMart sheet cake!I hate irresponsible people. I had considered using him as my fabricator if this thing works as planned and selling on my website. Grrrrrrr. And I was hoping to go to the wood hobby store to look into making cake stands. Too late now. It's time for wine...or VODKA. Thanks for listening. No one else is interested in taking about my cake business...ingrates! lol

I need Abilify,,,,never noticed that stupid ad til one of your lovely ladies pointed it out! Thanks for that!! lol

7 replies
as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 8

AYou have my full sympathy. I hate when people keep me waiting around. It is just so inconsiderate! Like I have nothing better to do all day! The other thing I hate about it is that when they finally do show up I am usually all nice and say it wasn't a problem, blah, blah... Makes me want to slap myself!

BatterUpCake Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 8

Well he isn't coming today. I am closed until Monday. Not really true because I have a maid of honor picking up tomorrow. But I am closed to him!

BatterUpCake Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 1:10am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

Well he isn't coming today. I am closed until Monday. Not really true because I have a maid of honor picking up tomorrow. But I am closed to him!

Well I heard from him. He said the thing looked great...he was tweaking it etc... Here is my response  ( a bit of an exaggeration maybe) "Well that is good news/bad news. I will tell you that the delay with no response is not the way I do business. If you were expecting your daughters birthday cake Sat morning and I contacted you at 830 PM that would not really work for you right? Sorry but I am very serious about my business. Please keep in contact if you wish to continue with this transaction. I have one year to test the prototype and do R&D before I must file for a patent. If I am satisfied I will require more prototypes or may need to make adjustments and have new prototypes made. This could be a continuing business proposition between us> but I need someone who takes my business as seriously as I do. What time should I expect you tomorrow?

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 2:08am
post #5 of 8

It stinks!

I waited 3 weeks to have the mirror on my car replaced (garage is sooo narrow icon_biggrin.gif)...the guy was full of excuses.  I kept giving him time.  I finally went elsewhere and had it replaced immediately for the same price.  I told him sorry, I have gone elsewhere.  In business, my priority (as a customer) needs to be your priority...or don't bother, you will get a BAD Yelp review.

I hope you do well with your cake leveler!

BatterUpCake Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 2:15am
post #6 of 8

well since I  am a professional I will not do what the dark side of my evel mind wishes which is show up a day late with his daughter's cake. But I will think about it!! Bwaahahhhahhahhahah

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 5:52am
post #7 of 8

ABatterUpCake I know you're mad at him but keep your cool if for nothing else but the fact that he has the blueprints for what might end up being caker's gold. I would suggest you try to remain nice. Give him the cake you promised (If something goes wrong in the future when you start to make bank on the prototype, you want to make sure that you did not mess up the agreement and he got paid for his work).

And from this point on, get some guidelines in writing. What's to say he cannot take your ideas/prints and make them his? Or end up making a bootleg version of it? Your intellectual property needs to be protected, even if it's just a prototype now. So rather than get mad, I say get smart and start protecting that thing.

P.S. And you can thank me in the future with one of those levelers when you're done R&Ding and it's the new Agbay. You are very welcome. :D

BatterUpCake Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 10:24am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

BatterUpCake I know you're mad at him but keep your cool if for nothing else but the fact that he has the blueprints for what might end up being caker's gold. I would suggest you try to remain nice. Give him the cake you promised (If something goes wrong in the future when you start to make bank on the prototype, you want to make sure that you did not mess up the agreement and he got paid for his work).

And from this point on, get some guidelines in writing. What's to say he cannot take your ideas/prints and make them his? Or end up making a bootleg version of it? Your intellectual property needs to be protected, even if it's just a prototype now. So rather than get mad, I say get smart and start protecting that thing.

P.S. And you can thank me in the future with one of those levelers when you're done R&Ding and it's the new Agbay. You are very w
I actually got my first prototype back yesterday. It has a few bugs to be worked out. You can see it in my thread leveler/cakestands. My leveler will never be the new Agbay! Copyright law says that after I go public I have 1 year to apply for a patent. Anyone copying it in that time would be subject to a lawsuit and I would just have to prove that I had the idea first. Which I posted about it on here before even talking to this guy. And there are witnesses when I did talk to him. Plus he wouldn't have a clue how or where to market it. His daughter is getting a Tinkerbell cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%