Cupcakes Pulling Away

Baking By skdiva Updated 26 Aug 2013 , 3:59pm by HeathersHeaven

skdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skdiva Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 11

I have a white chocolate raspberry and a lemon cupcake recipe that pull away from the liners.  I use Wilton liners and none of the other cupcake recipes pull away.  Any suggestions?

10 replies
aem1029 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aem1029 Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 11

I have this problem with my key lime cupcakes that i make.  The recipe uses buttermilk and produces the most delish light fluffy cupcake but is very  moist.  I think that the moisture level creates this.  It doesn't happen with any other cupcake.  Also, wilton wrappers are crap.  When I first started baking cupcakes, I used them and they are just awful.  The ones I bought didn't even fit the pan.  They could be your culprit too.

skdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skdiva Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 11

I don't have any issues with my key lime cupcakes pulling apart.  I'm wondering if it could be the lemon as it is in the white chocolate raspberry and lemon cupcakes.  The white chocolate raspberry cupcakes are pretty moist, maybe that could be it as well.  

LassieSaves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LassieSaves Posted 16 Aug 2013 , 12:48am
post #4 of 11

There's a great article on cupcakes peeling here:

www.prettywittycakes.co.uk/blog/peeling-cupcake-cases

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 16 Aug 2013 , 7:08am
post #5 of 11

It's too much moisture. a too moist batter. too long in the pan after removing from oven.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 16 Aug 2013 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 11

A

Quote:

Originally Posted by LassieSaves 

There's a great article on cupcakes peeling here read that article............it's answer was: they don't know why cupcakes peel away. That isn't an answer.

I seriously believe it's the paper, not the cake. I don't know how they make the cupcake papers but you can feel the differences from brand to brand. Some are thicker than others and have a will of their own, some seem coated lightly in wax, others are super thin, etc.... Combine a waxy cupcake liner with a moist/oily cake and it peels off. Combine a dry cake in a thin cupcake liner and it's hard to peel off.

I don't think you can reach an answer until you know what the manufacturers are doing with the papers.

*Mod edited to remove website.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 16 Aug 2013 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 11

This is one of those very perplexing questions. I've never seen an answer that makes sense.

I agree with Stitches. That article was only helpful to the website owners who make money selling utensils they suggest may help overcome this issue. I'm a long time baker and I've never had this problem with cupcakes or muffins. Perhaps it's because I only use plain white paper muffin cups purchased from bakery/restaurant supply stores.

Or maybe it's because I only make cupcakes on a day when the sun revolves around the earth. icon_wink.gif

PinkLotus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLotus Posted 16 Aug 2013 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 11

AI have this problem all the time. I take my cupcakes out of the pan immediately after I take them out of the oven, so that is not the problem. The cakes are definitely moist, but I would not say too moist. So I have no idea. It's annoying.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 2:13am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Or maybe it's because I only make cupcakes on a day when the sun revolves around the earth. icon_wink.gif

There you go, that's the solution! Bake them on an off day...total problems.

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 2:12pm
post #10 of 11

Ai agree its the cases you use, it happened to me the other day after using culpit cases withon half hr they came away, used exactly the same mix and different cases and they were fine.

HeathersHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeathersHeaven Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 3:59pm
post #11 of 11

I have the same issue only with Key Lime cupcakes, I purchase my liners form a restaurant supply store online. I make several flavors on a regular basis & ONLY Key Lime has issues. I an still unsure as to the cause but I would like to find a solution also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%