Cake Spacers

Decorating By Ren Updated 31 Jul 2013 , 9:18pm by Smckinney07

Ren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 5

Where do you get a solid cake spacer.  I'm looking for a square spacer between 3 layers.  I've seen the spikes, and the balls and the posts but I would like to wrap rhinestones around a square.  Any great ideas?  PS if you couldn't tell I'm a novice!

4 replies
melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 5

ACheck your local cake supply store (not craft store) for cake dummies. If you don't have one, I know you can order online. I bought some from a company in Dallas, but I ordered through their website. I can't remember the name of the company, but I'm sure they would come up on Google.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 5

You can use any styrofoam or a little box (filled with something to make it sturdy) or florist oasis. Just wrap said item in food-safe paper (e.g., butcher's paper, parchment paper, waxed paper) securely. Then apply the rhinestones to the covered square.


If you're near a craft store, such as Michael's, they wll probably have a section for styrofoam "blanks."


If you order on-line, Dick Blick has some that are less than 3 inches high:

Ren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 5

AThank you both so much!

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 5

AThey sell them at the Walmart where I live. The other place is Dallas Foam

Quote by @%username% on %date%