Cakeulator

Business By jena2727 Updated 30 Jul 2013 , 5:30pm by jena2727

jena2727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jena2727 Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 12:07am
post #1 of 5

I downloaded the Cakeulator app months ago and never used it, just didn't feel like entering all of the data. I currently use a price per serving but still feel like I undercharge. So tonight I decided to give it a go. I entered all of my ingredients and a recipe, I started a quote, added my recipe but then needed to add the cake base and box. As well as decorating time and delivery time. Does anyone know how to add these items?

4 replies
Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 5

You go into "ingredients" and select "New ingredient"

jena2727 Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfishies 

You go into "ingredients" and select "New ingredient"

Thanks, Paperfish. I added those things as ingredients but when making a quote, I only have the option to add a recipe to the quote. It has me enter a cost for a Delivery "task" but then no option to add a task to my quote. HELP! I know people must use this app :-)

belindaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belindaking Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 4:01am
post #4 of 5

AI used this app, and I made a "recipe" for supplies. You could make one for delivery as well. The way it is now programmed, you could set up a recipe for each cake size (I did not). I use portions of my recipes for different size cakes (eg 1/3 for a dozen cupcakes, 4/3 for an 8" round cake, etc.) and found it too difficult to create a quote directly from the app... Instead I used the app as a springboard to calculate my quote on my own. I then used it to make my own spreadsheet (totally customized to my recipes, so I won't be able to share it) so I can calculate a quote even more easily. One of these days I'll put Windows on my Mac so I can use Cake Boss... I have a mile-long list of other wants that will come first, though! ;)

jena2727 Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by belindaking 

I used this app, and I made a "recipe" for supplies. You could make one for delivery as well. The way it is now programmed, you could set up a recipe for each cake size (I did not). I use portions of my recipes for different size cakes (eg 1/3 for a dozen cupcakes, 4/3 for an 8" round cake, etc.) and found it too difficult to create a quote directly from the app... Instead I used the app as a springboard to calculate my quote on my own. I then used it to make my own spreadsheet (totally customized to my recipes, so I won't be able to share it) so I can calculate a quote even more easily.
One of these days I'll put Windows on my Mac so I can use Cake Boss... I have a mile-long list of other wants that will come first, though! icon_wink.gif

Thanks, belindaking! I did try that by just adding a cake board to a "recipe" and it wouldn't show up when I tried to make a quote :-( Thinking I will try and use it as a tool to help in my pricing. At least to know my cost better. I have Cake Boss but I no longer us that as it's seems very time consuming and I wasn't happy with the prices it was giving me and I didn't like the look of the invoice. I use quickbooks and send my quotes/invoices through there anyway. Maybe I should do as many others have and put my Excel skills to use to make a spreadsheet that works well for me. Thanks for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%