Cfl And Dishwashers

Business By Norasmom Updated 26 Jul 2013 , 8:48am by SanDiegoBeautifulCakes

justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 12:59am
post #31 of 38

I have a Bosch dishwasher, and it's been great for....I don't know, 4-5 years? However, just in the past month it's been going on the fritz. The cycle will stay at 1 minute left, and the water will keep swishing and swishing for hours if you don't pay attention and cancel it. We had a repair place come in, they knew exactly what was wrong, but said the part wasn't available and was not made anymore. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! That seems really weird, it's not that old of a dishwasher! And it was expensive to not even be able to fix. I think we're going to try to contact Bosch directly, because it just doesn't seem like they would not have parts for a 4 year old machine.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 1:09am
post #32 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom 

Thanks for the info kikiandkyle!

That actually goes for anything, and I believe Discover does it too. I actually claimed for my old computer with Amex after it died just outside of the 1 year warranty, they were very easy to work with.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 1:11am
post #33 of 38

I think I am going to use my Best Buy card because of the 0% financing.  Amex is at 13% or more for me.  thumbsdown.gif

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 1:18am
post #34 of 38

Now that we know what Jason's lovely new kitchen looks like, I want to see everyone's kitchen!  Just like we saw what people looked like.  I love looking at kitchens!

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 3:11am
post #35 of 38

AWhen we were shopping for appliances, I bought a one month membership online to Consumer Reports. It was very helpful.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 3:17am
post #36 of 38

AI'm in a rental apartment right now so my kitchen ain't pretty, but the one I'm building in my new house will be awesome!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 4:38am
post #37 of 38

My bosch was a total jerk, actually both of them were. The first was such a turd that the company replaced it after 'fixing' it 5 times, the second one ran well for 13 months... the warranty was 12 months. *grr* Then it just stopped, you know, because it was a jerk.

Replaced it with a KA, it's good for regular household use, it had a hard time keeping up with me though. Then we moved and got a Maytag, it's been a dream. It gets run about 12-15 times per week, going on 3 years now without a single issue.

SanDiegoBeautifulCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SanDiegoBeautifulCakes Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 8:48am
post #38 of 38

We have a Hobart Commercial dishwasher. It has been going strong for over 8 years without any issue. We have an under counter model that runs on single phase electric. With the savings in water and electric, the dishwasher has more than paid for itself. It takes less then 2.75 minutes per cycle and uses only 1.1 gallons of water. The wares come out so hot they dry themselves. It has adjustable temperature control, we keep ours at 195 degrees fahrenheit. We have a 20 quart hobart mixer, the mixing bowl fits in the dishwasher fine.

We have never had any issues with any piece of kitchen equipment, and don't expect to have. You cannot expect home use equipment to last if you use it for very long. I suggest that you purchase good quality, and even commercial series if you can. They last and they always work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%