Need Help With Long Swags

Decorating By keegsnanna Updated 22 Jul 2013 , 3:09pm by HamSquad

keegsnanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keegsnanna Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 7:59am
post #1 of 12

A[LIST=1] [*] [*] [*] [/LIST]

Need to make a 3 tier's cake with the swag starting at the too tier and ending at the bottom tier. Needs to go across. Please help I live directions with pictures. [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

11 replies
soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 9:08am
post #2 of 12

i hope this can help you.

CIAO!thumbs_up.gif

keegsnanna Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 12

A[B]t[/B[SIZE=3][SIZE=4 ][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thank u for the video ... Although I need the swag to start At the top tier and drape to the bottom tier in one long swag... to run down all three tier's ... any other videos pertaining to that Would be great.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 12

AHave you attempted to find any yourself? I think Googling fondant swag, or something to that effect is going to yield the same results as anyone else. And depending on how big this cake's tiers are, attaching a long swag in only two points (top and bottom) might not work very well, might be too heavy. Generally they are draped in one direction, attached, draped the opposite direction, attached, and so on.

keegsnanna Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 12

A[SIZE=4][B][/B][/SIZE] Yes I have searched many ways and only come up With swabs that switch directions on the layers. The customer wants only one long swag that run s all the way down the cake.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 12

AEh, if that's what they want I guess. I'd be worried it's too heavy without periodic breaks supporting it along the way.

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 10:23pm
post #7 of 12

Do you have an inspiration pic?

keegsnanna Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 12

A[SIZE=4][/SIZE] I do have a picture at work ... I will get it On Tuesday and try to figure out how to post it. Thank u :grin:

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 12

Hi, i have seen cakes with the continuing swag as you say. I will try and help you find it. hth

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 1:34am
post #10 of 12

AI hope this helps: http://www.decopac.com/resources/printmat/April11/Wedd_11%20Dec%20Guide.pdf Go to page 73 with picture instructions of this PDF from DecoPac. I've use this. Best Wishes!

keegsnanna Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:27am
post #11 of 12

AThank you so much... one of the pictures in there's looked similar to what I need to do I feel alot more comfortable now. Do u use the egg whites or the icing when u have done this in the past?

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 3:09pm
post #12 of 12

AI usually use a little piping gel on the back, it hold stuff on really well! I never use egg whites. I've read where other use a little water when it is a fondant cake or a little icing with BC cakes. I hope this help as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%