Trip To Canada And Alaska Cancelled

Lounge By friendly Updated 14 Aug 2013 , 12:10am by MBalaska

friendly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friendly Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 4:03am
post #1 of 4

My husband and I should have been flying from Australia today to Canada and Alaska but we have had to cancel at the last minute. On Monday my husband was told he could not fly as his platelets were zero and he would have a brain haemorrhage, we have had weeks of blood tests, had bone marrow biopsy(which was clear) it all started 6 weeks ago with kidney pain.  He has been clear of cancer for 8 years they say its not cancer so into hospital next week for test and it looks like his immune system is trying to destroy it self, he might have his spleen removed. This was a special holiday for us as it is our 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow so we are very disappointed. The only good thing is that we found out before we left. 

3 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 5:25am
post #2 of 4

AOH NO! I am so sorry to hear that. But congratulations on your anniversary. I pray he gets well, and at least you are together, right? It can still be special! Do you have picnics? You could make a nice picnic and even have it inside on the rug ;-) I remember that was something my ex would do, even though I can't stand him now, i still cherish our indoor picnics ;-) There were always candles, soft music, a bit of wine, and a new nighty, as well. Sorry if that is forward, I am just trying to give an idea so your day isn't ruined.

My grandparents have been married 63 years :-) Still going strong, my grandpa turned 86 last saturday.

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 4:02am
post #3 of 4

congratulations on your anniversary!!!!Hope your husband gets well soon... Canada will still be waiting maybe you will want to see our winters!!!cowboy.gif  So disappointing you are not going on your trip now.  I am sure you are more frustrated not to know what is causing his ill health.  Wishing for good news for him and you.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 12:10am
post #4 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by friendly 
My husband and I should have been flying from Australia today to Canada and Alaska but we have had to cancel at the last minute. ......... This was a special holiday for us as it is our 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow so we are very disappointed. The only good thing is that we found out before we left. 

friendly: How is your husbands recovery progressing, will you be able to visit on your next anniversary?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%