Cake Design...too Much?

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 18 Jul 2013 , 10:22am by Sweet_Cakes

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:04am
post #1 of 5

I need the professional and critical eye of you folks here...I'm concerned my cake idea is too busy.   never done a cake this big.

As i mentioned in another thread, I am making my daughters cake for her birthday.  She wants this monstrosity...three tier....

I want it to be sassy and fun but pretty.  There will be a tiara on the top. And a "nameplate" with happy birthday on the middle layer.

My idea is to do the top layer in purple swirled roses.

Middle layer in white icing with tiny purple dots (no quilting)

Bottom layer purple ruffles ombre style (I know this pic is of fondant but mine with be smaller buttercream ruffles)

Do you think that this will be too busy?  I am doing the ruffle tier no matter what.  Any suggestions on the other tiers?  Or do you think that this will be ok?

4 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:09am
post #2 of 5

AI think it's fine, I see cakes like that all the time.

jani2316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jani2316 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:17am
post #3 of 5

It will be different,but pretty.

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:20am
post #4 of 5

Awesome.  Thanks!  My daughter is turning 6 and wanted a Sofia the First party.  Originally, she chose a cake from a member here and I was going to have someone do it but she said she didn't love it and wanted something totally different and not so baby.  So, Im keeping with the purple of Sofia but not doing any "baby" princess stuff.  LOL She's 6 going on 16. Yikes.

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 10:22am
post #5 of 5

That sounds lovely! And your little princess sounds so cute! I can't wait to see the final product!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%