Recipe Advice On Sacher Cupcakes

Baking By sweettooth7 Updated 17 Jul 2013 , 6:45am by kaylawaylalayla

sweettooth7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth7 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 5:51am
post #1 of 4

AHello..I wanted to try and make some sachertorte inspired cupcakes (chocolate cupcakes with apricot jam filling) have any of you tried making these? Any recipe recommendations?

3 replies
kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 6:38am
post #2 of 4

ASounds delicious. Sacher mix Softened butter 4.5 oz Sugar 3.6 oz Yolks 4oz Cream butter and sugar, stream in yolks, scrape scrape scrape. Egg whites 6oz Sugar 2 oz Whites and sugar to stiff peak Cake dlour 1 1/3 oz Cocoa powder 1 1/3 oz Sift together Add powdered almomds 1.75 oz. Fold meringue and dry ingredients alternately . Starting and ending with meringue. Yhis recipe yields 2 8". I don't know how mamy cup cakes that would be. baked at 325 degrees f. I know that it should bw brushed with a syrup with kirsch (cherry brandy). Are you going to frost wiyh ganache? I think a whipped ganache frosting might make it a little more modern and cup cake like Ams maybe garnish with a chocolate garnish that says "sacher".

sweettooth7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth7 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 6:42am
post #3 of 4

AYes I was thinking on using ganache for frosting..thank you for the recipe!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 6:45am
post #4 of 4

AThankd its from my old school book. I remember making the big cake lol. Anyways let me know how they turn out, I'd lovw to see pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%