Can Someone Help Me With What Brand Or Color She Used To Achieve These Colors ?

Decorating By monemonemone Updated 18 Jul 2013 , 12:51am by kristiemarie

monemonemone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monemonemone Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 3:58am
post #1 of 7

LL

Hi I am very new to baking...i am going to make my first fondant cake for my daughters first birthday..

I really like these color..I wonder can anyone help me with what brand and name of colors I should be using to ahieve these colors ?? and it seems to have a sheen look..How can I achieve taht ??

this might be a stupid question to alot of people..but I am new to baking so pls kindly help 

6 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 5:33am
post #2 of 7

I think you should be able to get all those colours using americolor gels. the sky blue, orange(super red and electric yellow) and light bright green looks like electric green-  I have made with them and I have seen a bright pink. hope that is of some help to you.

bubs1stbirthday Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 5:35am
post #3 of 7

Hope that is helpful

monemonemone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monemonemone Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 8:18am
post #4 of 7

thank you so much..that's what I have in mind..however,,...how can I get a sheen look just like the cake there ?? 

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 9:57am
post #5 of 7

The sheen was most likely achieved by airbrushing a Pearl Sheen on top of the finished cake. It is a pearly shen and works great! If you don't have an airbrush machine, I believe you can find it in a can.  Here are a few cakes that I have used the airbrushed sheen on.

bubs1stbirthday Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 12:20am
post #6 of 7

Yep you can buy it in a can - it's fairly expensive to do it that way - but it looks great. I think my last spray tin cost me round $13. To get the electric green a little darker I just add the tiniest bit of the sky blue to it - amazing how such tiny amounts go so far in the fondant icon_eek.gif

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 12:51am
post #7 of 7

Americolor is fantastic.  I just did a black icing that was truly black and not dark grey.  The colors are great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%