Crab Bushel

Decorating By BatterUpCake Updated 5 Jul 2013 , 12:18am by BatterUpCake

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 5

I have been wanting to see if I could do this one for awhile. I ran out of fondant before I finished making crabs and out of steam before I could finish painting them. But I got the idea...Now I don't know what to do with it! lol. I'm tired of cake....shhhhh...don't tell anyone

Ran out of fondant before I could finish making crabs. Ran out of steam before I could finish painting them..lol. This was just for practice

4 replies
Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 5

I think it looks great1 I hope to be able to something like that one day!

BatterUpCake Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 5

Something like this is really easy since everything is done with molds and impression mats. The biggest barrier is time. And the money since the mold for the big crabs was $30 and the wood mat was $25. Don't remember how much for the small mold but it was purchased for another project. (Being on the ocean I get a lot of beach themed orders). And I probably will never get an order for it...but it was something I really wanted to do.

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 5

You are probably right...I just don't think enough of my abilities...I've been out of the cake world for awhile now and I haven't had a chance to do anything lately...I need to get back into...this looks like a fun project to try!

BatterUpCake Posted 5 Jul 2013 , 12:18am
post #5 of 5

It was fun.....the first day...lol. I thought I would take it to a 4th of July picnic but turned out not going to any. I guess I will just throw it in the freezer and take it to work Monday. Which is fine since I didn't really finish it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%