Royal Iced Sugar Cookies!!! Help Asap Please!!!

Decorating By mellbel25 Updated 3 Jul 2013 , 1:18am by savannahquinn

mellbel25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellbel25 Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 12:45am
post #1 of 5

AHey guys!

I need to make some Minnie Mouse cookies for this Saturday. I wanted to make the sugar cookies tonight (Tuesday night) and decorate them tomorrow on Wednesday . Will they still taste good for Saturday. How do I store them??? Please help! Thanks!

4 replies
matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 12:49am
post #2 of 5

The cookies should be fine.  How many and what icing are you using?  How will you store them? and will you need time for them to dry to be stacked?

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 1:05am
post #3 of 5

My sugar cookies stay for a long long time.  I let them cool stack them and put them in an aluminum tray covered with plastic wrap until I am ready to ice them.  After I ice them I make sure they are completely dry and I usually put them in individual bags with a ribbon, or on a tray.

HTH

mellbel25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellbel25 Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 1:15am
post #4 of 5

A

Original message sent by savannahquinn

My sugar cookies stay for a long long time.  I let them cool stack them and put them in an aluminum tray covered with plastic wrap until I am ready to ice them.  After I ice them I make sure they are completely dry and I usually put them in individual bags with a ribbon, or on a tray. HTH

Thank you so much! Did help. Can I just leave them in a plastic container with the top? Or do they have to wrapped in plastic wrap?

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 1:18am
post #5 of 5

I have stored them out on paper towel with no wrap, stacked with wrap, in a cupcake carrier with the cupcake tray removed...I believe that sugar cookie recipes have a lot of butter in them which allows them to stay "fresh" for quite some time.  I don't think that you will have a problem no matter how you store them, as long as they are completely cooled :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%