Baby Themed Cake

Decorating By LibbieWaddleton Updated 11 Jul 2013 , 9:48pm by Cakesonthewing

LibbieWaddleton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LibbieWaddleton Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 8

Hi there

Subject to the gender of the royal baby, i am hoping to do a baby themed cake with a teddy bear on the top in the relevant colour and maybe a blanket over the cake so the bear is sat on the blanket

Andy advice on how long moulded sugar paste will last and any good tutorials for makeing bears and big blankets?

oh and a bow?

7 replies
smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 8

Gumpaste or Sugar flowers last for years and you can google tutorials on all the rest online. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube and blogs. Goodluck

LibbieWaddleton Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 8

Oh thats great, thank you, so i could make bits now if i wanted... fab!

smittyditty Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 8

Ummm not sure what bits is? You mean bows?  Not sure where you are going to put bows so that would depend. If they are on the bear which no one would eat, yes go ahead and make it in advance. Yes he will be edible but no one will eat him. Kinda like sugar flowers only the kids eat them everyone else tends to pick them off. As for the blanket you will just have to look online I can imagine this several ways which would require different drying times.

LibbieWaddleton Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 8

Hi No as in i can pre make bits now, like maybe the bear or something and just store it

I bet the people i see will want to eat it.. te he... wil make it as near to the occasiona as possible

Libbie

smittyditty Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 12:42am
post #6 of 8

AYes but some things have to be made a little in advance like the bears arms so they won't fall off you could use modeling chocolate their are recipes online and in the recipe section if you really think people might eat it. That's what I'd do if I didn't live in texas where you can cook cookies in my car!

LibbieWaddleton Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 8:17am
post #7 of 8

ALol how funny

Well maybe i might not do a bear im just toying with ideas.. Need baby to be born first te he

Cakesonthewing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesonthewing Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 9:48pm
post #8 of 8

Hello ladies, I have created a royal baby themed cake. My blog will show you how it's created. I hope it will be of inspiration to you.  http://cakesonthewing.wordpress.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%