This Vs. That

Decorating By AllaMarie Updated 20 Jun 2013 , 1:56am by Stitches

AllaMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllaMarie Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 4

ASo I have been experimenting with different frostings. But have yet to sit down and figure out the prices to make them. In the end which is cheaper to ice a cake with? All American buttercream, swiss meringue, chocolate ganache, white cholate ganache & any other that I missed out. Which costs more. I know it all differs from where you buy yoir suppliea and how much you spend but how much for YOU. :) thx! AllaMarie

3 replies
brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 1:21am
post #2 of 4

AI'm no help because i have actually been wondering that myself.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 1:50am
post #3 of 4

Welcome to the forum to both of you.  What you will find is that none of us can give you an answer.  Each decorator's cost for ingredients is different because we all use different recipes and different qualities of ingredients for those same recipes.

I strongly suggest a computer program called CakeBoss.   Members of Cake Central get a 10% discount!

How much should I charge for my cakes?

http://www.cakeboss.com/PricingGuideline.aspx

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 1:56am
post #4 of 4

I've got my frosting costs worked out to the ounce. It's worth taking the time to do so. I have two cream cheese frosting recipes I like equally, but one costs me more then the other.............so that helped me decide which one to use.

The really tricky thing is you use less ganache to frost a cake then butter cream frostings. I haven't figure out yet how much ganache per cake size. If you had that info. then you could figure things out.

Last problem costing out is the quality of your chocolate. You can make a ganache with chocolate chips purchased from an Aldi for less then the cost of butter pound per pound. But if you use a high quality chocolate that's around $5.00 a pound that's more then twice the cost of butter cream frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%