Fondant Questions

Decorating By kayak9 Updated 20 Jun 2013 , 3:16pm by bct806

kayak9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayak9 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 6

Aam new at using fondant and I am making 3d figures for my twins cakes...so I have read I can store it ahead of time, but do I assemble them first or wait until that day? I was going to make marshmallow fondant so I don't know if that matters

5 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak9 

am new at using fondant and I am making 3d figures for my twins cakes...so I have read I can store it ahead of time, but do I assemble them first or wait until that day? I was going to make marshmallow fondant so I don't know if that matters

I would definitely do them ahead of time. I usually do mine about a week before hand. Far less aggravation on the day of.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 6

And also depends what they are whether or not to assemble.  If it is a figure sitting down with legs hanging over, no.

bct806 Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 2:17am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntginn 

And also depends what they are whether or not to assemble.  If it is a figure sitting down with legs hanging over, no.

Why wouldn't you do that ahead of time?

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 4:59am
post #5 of 6

Not that they can't be done that way, I don't have a container I can sit them down on where they would hang.  If I am making them in advance, and I do as much as possible, I want to cover them to protect them til they are needed.

bct806 Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 6

Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%