Does Anyone Have This Recipe??

Decorating By qtrican Updated 9 Jun 2013 , 8:35pm by dawnybird

qtrican Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtrican Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 6

AI bookmarked a recipe for actual metallic icing. It was posted by Ro Zinniger on her blog. The link on her blog is now dead *sob* :( I know I should have actually printed it out but I didn't and now I'm here begging that someone else has this recipe. I remember that piping gel was one of the ingredients to help you determine if you have the recipe I'm looking for. A thousand thank yous in advance if you can help me out.

5 replies
dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtrican 

I bookmarked a recipe for actual metallic icing. It was posted by Ro Zinniger on her blog. The link on her blog is now dead *sob* icon_sad.gif I know I should have actually printed it out but I didn't and now I'm here begging that someone else has this recipe. I remember that piping gel was one of the ingredients to help you determine if you have the recipe I'm looking for. A thousand thank yous in advance if you can help me out.

Here is the link to her blog: It even has a phone number on it. I just Googled it.

http://www.rozsweetartstudio.com/sugar-blogged-blog/

qtrican Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtrican Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 6

AYes, that is what I had bookmarked. Its a dead link.

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 6

The link works for me...

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 6

Silver Icing? How do I make it?
Ro Zinniger: Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:01 AM
This blog is dedicated to my customer, Tiphanie! Tiphanie came in to purchase items to make silver icing. I had not known that you can be successful at making silver icing. She showed me the recipe and pictures that a decorator posted that showed the silver piping - without painting or airbrushing! So, I sold her the silver luster dust she needed, and she went home and tried it. It worked!  Here is where she got the recipe and the recipe is attached. Thank you Tiphanie and Cake Central! 

Piping silver and gold 

2 ts. Powdered sugar 
2 ts. gold silver or silver luster dust 
clear alcohol (like vodka or ever-clear) 
1 ts. clear piping gel 

On a small ceramic plate, mix sugar and dusting powder. Add a few drops of clear alcohol and mix with a small palette knife to create a stiff paste. 

Add the piping gel, a little at a time, mixing well until the consistency for piping in reached. Use a very small piping bag and tip as needed. The leftovers can be put into a small container and stored in the refrigerator. It will keep indefinitely. 

Researched and invented by Brenda and posted on Cake Central

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 8:35pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtrican 

Yes, that is what I had bookmarked. Its a dead link.

I actually went to the link before I posted it here and it brought me to her blog site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%