Bake Lists

Business By kickasscakes Updated 9 Jun 2013 , 5:45am by kickasscakes

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 3:55am
post #1 of 9

Hi there,

I have a small biz in Canada, and every week I am baking for several orders that are due every week.

I am trying to simplify life by finding an excel format sheet or something comparable that would show the sizes and shapes, and flavors I need to bake at a quick glance.

For example: 12 6" round vanilla, 2 9" round red velvet, 2 10" chocolate square cakes, 100 vanilla cupcakes, 20 chocolate cupcakes, etc.

Does anyone use a system they are willing to share? I would love to be able to print off the weeks bake list each week, and start fresh with a new form, the next. Ideas?

8 replies
kickasscakes Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 4:15am
post #2 of 9

Really no one does this?

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 4:17am
post #3 of 9

Someone probably does, but you may have to wait more than 19 minutes to get a reply.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 4:22am
post #4 of 9

AYeah, I used lists like that. Made a master list of the shapes and sizes I needed to bake for the upcoming week. Then made all the vanilla cakes, all the chocolates, etc. It was just a list scrawled on a sheet of paper. Nothing fancy.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 4:49am
post #5 of 9

AI also made a similar list manually in a Word document. When an order was finalized it was added to the list, which was sorted chronologically.

For the volume you're talking about I'm not sure an automated system would be enough of a time saver to be worth it.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 5:03am
post #6 of 9

Yes I use a list like that.  I have mine in excel so that I can easily put the cubic inches of cake next to each size and tally all that up to know what size batches I need to make.  I used to do it on paper but if you lose it or get batter all over it, you're in trouble.  I like being able to reprint if necessary.

It's nothing fancy just a sheet that I clear out and start over each week.  I do the same for my fillings.  I'd be happy to email you my sheet if you PM me with you email address - but again, it's nothing fancy that you probably couldn't figure out yourself.

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 5:07am
post #7 of 9

I do this, either on Word and print it out or I write it out. And I just cross out the items that I have completed. I do this for everything I need. Cakes, figurines, frosting, filling etc. I have it on a clipboard by my work table and it works like a charm. It's very basic but it works great!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 5:11am
post #8 of 9

A

Original message sent by denetteb

Someone probably does, but you may have to wait more than 19 minutes to get a reply.

★snork★

kickasscakes Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 5:45am
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone. Especially the 19 minuter ;) Have a happy night!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%