Chocolate Covered Strawberries Help Please!!!

Sugar Work By ScrumdidlyCakes Updated 31 May 2013 , 7:06pm by ddaigle

ScrumdidlyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScrumdidlyCakes Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 4

AHello! So I have made chocolate covered strawberries numerous times without fail, but this last time I made them, the next morning all the strawberry juice had oozed out and made a nasty mess. Some we're on top of cupcakes and broke the frosting. What would cause this. I did them same as I always have.

3 replies
Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 4

Is it possible that the fruit was over ripe or of a different variety? The other point being, that it might be safer to coat the strawberries in chocolate, and place on cupcakes or a cake at the last minute.  Avoid leaving them coated overnight, as strawberries have a very high water content. Good luck next time! Hope this helps!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 31 May 2013 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 4

Here is a picture of something I pinned on Pinterest that I'm planning to do myself.  I think this would be cleaner, nicer looking and heat-wave friendly!  Hope it helps you!  I don't plan on serving it this way, so I will cut the bottoms to sit flat on a plate.  I'm also thinking chocolate/almond butter combo or nutella

Theresa

Inside out Chocolate filled strawberries! never thought to set them up in an egg carton while the chocolate dries! And another plus is you don't have to worry about the chocolate cracking off the outside when you bite into it!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 31 May 2013 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 4

Chocolate covered strawberries do not have a huge shelf life...after you dip them, if you refrigerate them overnight, you will have ooze.    I dip the day of the order.    They are the absolute last thing I do.   They will last longer if they are not refrigerated. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%