Delivery Charge

Baking By smile22 Updated 20 May 2013 , 3:56pm by j92383

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 20 May 2013 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 4

business has been slow and i am trying to gain new business. in ct towns/cities are not that far from each other no more than 1-2 hours drive for some places. i am baised in the center of ct very close to most places but there are places where it would take me and hour one way to get there if i had someone calling for orders.. all of my past clients have been a 15 minute drive and i dont charge for under 30 minutes of driving.

how do you figure out a delivery charge do you base it on miles or just a flat rate?  i want to be resonable but also make money in the process. i  am close to ma than ny. i know most people try to find local places to order from closer to them but lets just say someone closer to ny wanted my services it would take me an hour at least to get to that location and an hour back 2 hours 

3 replies
Jane Rathore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jane Rathore Posted 20 May 2013 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 4

Hello,

As per your question count delivery charge on miles. Now a days online shopping is also popular.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 20 May 2013 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 4

AWe charge based on the time it will take to deliver ($1/minute) according to Google Maps estimates, so a delivery an hour away would have a charge of $120.

j92383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j92383 Posted 20 May 2013 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 4

I charge both a flat rate and by milage. Within 10 Miles of me they pay a flate rate of $10 any where outside of that they pay $1 per a mile round trip. So far it's worked out well for me no complaints and no one deciding to pick up instead.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%